The RRS (Resonator Rate Sensor) is a new technology sensor that has been developed by Inertial Science, Inc. (ISI) and Sandia National Laboratory, for angular rate measurement applications. The sensing element is essentially a metal cylinder, vibrating at it's resonant frequency. Closed loop electronics provide very accurate measurement of rate by controlling the magnitude and phase of the vibratory pattern (standing wave) when rate is applied along the sensitive axis.
- Self Contained Integral Electronics - Closed loop electronic
- Most cost effective Inertial Sensor - Lowest cost Rate Sensor in its performance class
- High angular rate capability (upto 3,000 °/sec)
- Quick start-up
- Inherent high ruggedness
- Small, lightweight and Low power consumption
- Comprised of Solid-State sensors (no moving parts)
- High MTBF
- Click here for full description and specification of RRS75.
- » Require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file.