The RP-1 and RP-2 rate measurement units provide 2 axis angular rate in digital(RS422) and/or analog outputs. Both units are identical except for variations in performance. The units consist of a 2 axis dynamically tuned gyro; 2 electronic boards that operate the gyro; d.c. to d.c. power conversion to supply +/- 15 volts from the unregulated +28 volt input; and 2 semiconductor accelerometers to compensate the gyro acceleration dependent bias and provide data that can be used to calculate inclination angles. All the above are installed in a hermetically sealed housing. The housing provides 2 reference mounting surfaces for the user, as shown in the attached drawing. The gyro sensing axis are aligned to reference mounting surfaces. The rate measurement units can also be connected in a rate integrating mode for use, as an example, for platform control. Other options include changes in sensing axis orientation, and variations in scale factor and bandwidth.
- Strap-down Inertial Navigation System
- Developed by Sandia National Lab. & Inertial Science, Inc.
- Digital processing
- Modular design
- Reliability and increased MTBF
- High Accuracy
- Small size and low power consumption
- Low cost
- Enhanced navigation and flight control
- GPS-INS integrated navigation system
- Low Noise
- Excellent in run stability
- Click here for full description and specification of RP1-B.
- » Require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file.