The ISI DMARS-R is a complete Inertial Navigation and Flight control System that supplies 3 axes of attitude (heading, pitch and roll), quaternions, 3 axes of angular rate and acceleration, and flight control signals including actuator commend and flight mission signals. It is designed with a single gimbal so that it can be used on vehicles with high roll (spin) rates to 22 RPS, or the gimbal can be locked for full strapdown operation.
The gimbal is also used for self-calibration of the system. When the gimbal is unlocked, the system operates with 2 axes in a strapdown mode and 1 axis in a gimballed mode. When the gimbal is locked, all 3 axes are in a strapdown mode. The gimbal lock is either controlled by the DMARS-R microprocessor or can be initiated by an external input.
- Roll Gimbaled Inertial Navigation System
- Developed by Sandia National Lab. & Inertial Science, Inc.
- Replacement for MARS/MIDAS and RIMS platform
- Digital processing
- Modular design
- Reliability and increased MTBF
- Small size and low power consumption
- Low cost
- Enhanced self-align, navigation and flight control GPS-INS integrated navigation system
- Click here for full description and specification of DMARS-R.
- » Require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file.